Saturday, March 20, 2010

Twosox: Figure eights, Stick to me, and confidence in zone 5

March 20 2010
This morning I played with Twosox. I groomed him first because he was covered in hair! Pretty soon I was covered in hair... but that's okay ;) Then we went up to the riding ring. We started off with Figure eights... which was interesting. Twosox was being... exuberant I think is probably the right word. So it was interesting. After we were finished doing Figure eights we did some circles. When I asked Twosox to canter he cantered quite a ways before breaking gait so that was good. We played around with that for a while and then I asked Twosox to back up to a barrel. He could get about 1ft away before he got a little bit unsure so I would bring him forward a step let him have a little rest and then back him up again. Each time he got a little bit farther finally after a little while he backed straight and his back legs touched the barrel! It took a while but I knew it probably would. He was asking questions the whole time too! 

After that we did some Stick to me. Twosox would keep getting a head of me so we did lots of transitions, stopping, going, backing up, etc etc. Then after a couple minutes he started getting really in tune with me and he stayed right beside me the whole time, doing what ever I did. It was really neat! We then switched sides and did the same thing on the other side. Twosox was really good on both sides. Then I let Twosox go. He stayed with me even though the gate was open. So we spent a little bit of Undemanding time together before he left. 

So even though we didn't play long we still did quite a bit and had a really good play time! :)

Naturally,
~Keri 

No comments:

Post a Comment