Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Twosox: Having a lot of riding!

March 9 2010

Wow! What a play time! Twosox and I had a great play time today! My new Parelli equipment came in today, which was perfect timing since my carrot stick broke yesterday. So I was able to use my new one today! I am keeping my savvy string until the mud dries up so that it won't get extremely muddy on the say out. Plus I am going to use my 12ft line for reins seeing as something is very much wrong with my hackamore.

Anyways. Back to our play time.... before I haltered Twosox I brushed him. He was shedding a very large amount of hair. So it took a while. Then after that I haltered him and we went up to the riding ring. We did some Touch it, and then switched to a Touch it kind of thing on the circle. So I asked Twosox to stop at each barrel, and the pedestal. At first he wasn't paying attention and so he wouldn't stop at each thing. But after a while of doing the same pattern he caught on and started asking questions and stopping at each obstacle. So that was neat! Then we did a couple change of directions and transitions not to many though because it was so slippery.

By this time the rope was soaking wet...

The last thing I asked Twosox to do was I put a barrel by the fence and I asked him to jump it. It took him a couple tries before he jumped it but then I found out that I needed to have more energy in my body. Once I asked him with more energy he jumped the barrels no problem! Hmmm.... how interesting!

After that I got in. At first we didn't do a whole lot. We did about one lap of follow the rail then I wanted to play with our sideways. Twosox goes sideways one way really nicely but the other way he has a much harder time. So we went sideways up and down the fence. Until finally we got some nicer sideways to Twosox's harder side. After that I wanted to do a little bit of trotting. So off we went. The first couple times Twosox had a huge trot! Or at least it felt like it! So we did lots transitions. After a couple Twosox's trot got a little less bouncy. It was really fun though considering that I haven't trotted a lot on Twosox since I fell off of him last summer. The pattern we did was we would trot about 12ft and then walk 12ft and so on. At the end Twosox really got into the pattern! It was really nice!

The interesting thing was that the whole time Twosox was confident. Which is really good! Before he would be really tense when I asked him to trot. So now he is so much better :) Tomorrow I have to trim Twosox. So hopefully that goes well. If is supposed to be sunny so that is really good! I much rather trim in the sun shine then in the rain or snow :)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment