Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Twosox: Figure eights, zone 5 driving and more!

March 22 2010

This morning I played with Twosox. I have decided that for the next couple days I am going to focus on Zone 5 driving with both Prince and Twosox. Of course we will do other things then just that but that will be what I focus on. So today while I was playing with Twosox I was preparing him mentally and emotionally for our driving session. I wanted to play with figure eights again also because they kind of fell apart after I had them fixed back in the winter. So we started off with that. Twosox did really well. What we did last day seemed to have helped. We did a couple figure eights and then once I got a really good one we quit. After that we did some circles, jumping, change of directions, transitions, weaving, touch it, leading by the tail and some other stuff. Twosox did very well at the weave. We did it both at the walk and trot. 

After that we did some Stick to me along the fence. Twosox was really in tune with me and listened so well! Then we did some one rein zone 5 driving. Twosox did well with that. First we went along the fence doing some transitions/ yo-yo's. After that I decided to try a weave. Twosox actually did really well considering it was with one rein! Then we switched to two line driving. Twosox did very well but I noticed that he wasn't bending his body when we were doing the figure eight. So we played with that for a while. We only did the Figure eights at the walk but Twosox did well other than the fact that he wasn't bending. I decided to play with that on the circle instead of doing it from zone 5. So we did some other things like Weaving, trotting, and some circles and then I decided to play around with getting Twosox to bend his body. Twosox caught on really quickly and tried so hard! We did close range circle in both directions. Then after Twosox was bending better we stopped. That was enough for today!

Twosox stayed with me after I un-haltered him. Prince and Ruffian were playing but that didn't bother him. He just stayed with me until I left. It is hard to believe that I have almost had him for 3 years! Time flies!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment