Saturday, March 6, 2010

Twosox: Zone 5 driving, transitions, and more!

March 4 2010

Today Twosox and I had a great play time! It was so much fun! We played at Liberty a little bit before I haltered him. We just did some basic Stick to me, hindquarter and forequarter yields, backing up etc. Once we were up on the riding we did some Touch it, then we played around with the barrels for a little while the I sat on one barrel and set Twosox around in a circle. We did transitions, and LOTS of them! Twosox was really interested! Then I got off the barrel and we did some Change of directions. Twosox was really really good at those. He just keeps getting better! I also asked Twosox to canter a little bit. That is coming along slowly just surely.

After that we some zone 5 driving. I can't get over how well Twosox is doing with that. He is so much more confident now then he was when I started! We did some Touch it (we got all four feet on the pedestal!) Then we did some yo-yo's. Twosox got a little bit worried as we were trotting along the rail so we slowed down. Then I did some friendly game. I tossed the rope over and his back and some other stuff. Twosox relaxed and then after that we did something on the self assessment sheet called "Spin and go" Basically it is where you get your horse to spin and then trot off on the circle. The first couple tries Twosox got a little worried but after that, and after I got the hang of what to do with my tools ;), once we got about three really nice ones I stopped. Twosox did so well!

After that I got on. Twosox did really well while I was riding. We did lots of stuff! Sideways (I don't even need to use my carrot stick now! He will just move off of my body!), pivoting on the hind quarters, Follow the rail, Figure eights, a little bit of trotting, and lots more! Twosox was relaxed and confident the whole time. I was really proud of how well he did! My bareback riding has come a long way this winter since I haven't ridden in a saddle for a while (being winter and really rather cold I decided just to ride bareback this winter and not worry about proper riding boots, etc etc) so it will be interesting once I start riding in my saddle more now that it is spring. Hopefully I will be even better ;)

I am so glad that it is spring now! It is so nice to see the sun again!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment