Thursday, March 18, 2010

Twosox: Circles, Weaving, and more!

March 17 2010

Twosox had a lot of energy today! It was a lot of fun to play with! I was going to brush him first but I just had a feeling that he wanted to move so we did some traveling circles... and boy did he have energy! So we played with that for a while, doing some transitions, change of directions, and lots of other stuff. It was fun! After that we did some Figure eights. Twosox did really well with those and even offered to canter through the middle a couple times! 

After all that I brought Twosox in and brushed him. He is shedding so much hair it is crazy! I brush him one day and the next day he is covered in hair again! So after a good brushing I got on and rode. We had a great ride! We walked the Weave pattern. Twosox did really well. We did about 3 complete weave's then I stopped. Twosox had a huge lick and chew over that. Then we did a little bit of Follow the rail. I asked Twosox to trot a couple times too. The riding ring is drying up nicely! It should be totally dry soon! Twosox did really well when I asked him to trot. I was hardly at phase 2 and he trotted! So we played around with some transitions. Twosox has a really nice slow trot actually! Hopefully he will keep that up ;) 

So yeah, it was a really fun ride! I didn't ride long because it was really windy and I wanted to make sure that we ended on a good note. I can hardy wait for our next play time :)

Naturally,
~Keri 

No comments:

Post a Comment