Monday, June 27, 2011

Twosox: Figure eights and jumping with creativity!

June 22, 2011

Twosox and I had a fun little session this morning. Mom and I were heading out for a play day at a friend house (we weren't taking the horses) but I wanted to play with Twosox and Prince first so I got up early and went out and played.

When we got up to the riding ring Twosox was looking around and really rather worried about something. So I had two options, we could stand there and wait until he relaxed or I could try and continue playing and get his mind off of what ever was seeming to bother him, I decided to wait until he relaxed. Really either would have worked most likely but I thought about what I would want if I was really bothered by something, since Twosox and I are really rather a like I figured it would be a safe bet to go with what I would appreciate, and that would just to be left a lone or at least not talked too. 

So we waited.... and waited. Finally Twosox looked at me, licked and chewed, yawned and completely relaxed. Then we proceeded and Twosox was relaxed and was able to pay attention to me. We did Figure eights at the walk and trot. Once those were going smoothly and Twosox was light while going around the ends, the spot that he has the hardest time, we ended. 
The barrels were set up right beside the pedestal. Two were on end and the one in the middle was laying down, so I decided to try something different and ask Twosox to stand on the pedestal and then jump off of the pedestal, over the barrel and trot to me. The first time Twosox tried really hard but his back feet were not on the pedestal so he had to stretch really far. So the next time I asked for him to put all four feet on the pedestal and then jump the barrel and he did it! It was really fun and added just a little bit more of a challenge to the Touch it pattern :) 

Then I unhaltered and we went down to the corral and then I played with Prince!
Naturally
~Keri-Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment