Monday, June 20, 2011

Twosox: Playing with the basics

June 14, 2011

This morning Twosox and I focused the Porcupine game, Driving game and some Yo-yo's. I wanted to test then mainly but at the same time advance them some.
We started with the Porcupine game and did back-up's, hindquarter and forequarter yields. I was mainly looking for lightness with some speed. One thing for which I was looking was for Twosox to actually pivot. This has been something that we have played with a lot in the past but I couldn't help Twosox find it the answer, as I was still trying to figure out how to help him figure it out ;) So today we spent a lot of time playing with this especially while moving the forequarters. I found that if I backed Twosox up a step and then moved him over a step this taught him to shift his weight to his hindquarters and he was then able to pivot properly. It was that easy.

Twosox got it and even though one side was a little harder than the other pretty soon we were getting one complete pivot with Twosox keeping his weight back and truly pivoting!!

We then played with doing the same thing in the hula hoop. Twosox did really well on his easier side but his hard side was more challenging. He had a harder time keeping his one back foot in the hoop so we played with causing it to be a game and we also played some other games around the hoop. We did circling games over the hoop, sideways to it, yo-yo's to and from the hoop and squeeze games over the hoop. It was great fun!

One thing that I didn't to that I wish I had of done was given Twosox more of a chance to lick and chew. I didn't wait long enough and so there were times when things would have been a lot easier and smoother if I had of given Twosox just a little more time to think about what we had just done and process it. Next time!!

Naturally,
~Keri-Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment