Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Twosox: Waiting for the lick and chew makes a difference.

June 16, 2011

As I mentioned in my last post about Twosox's and my most recent session I wished I had of given Twosox more time to process what I was asking of him. So today I made sure to do that in our session. 

We had a pretty short session over all but a really good one from start to finish. We played mostly the same things as last session and Twosox did very well. His hindquarter yields were a little sticky on the one side. He seemed to be a little stiff or something because he wasn't crossing over as well or as smoothly. So we kept playing with it and I watched to see if he was sore but he didn't seem to be so maybe that is just a harder side for him. He was light though which was really nice! 

The forequarter yields were amazing. We got one complete pivot each direction and Twosox only moved his hind feet when he had too. I waited a long time for Twosox to process each task and it made a big difference. He stayed calm and could think his way through everything I asked. 

We ended with a big scratching session and Twosox followed me around everywhere afterward asking for more scratches! It was great!! So I scratched him for a little while longer before getting my saddle and everything out to play with Prince.

Naturally,
~Keri-Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment