Monday, January 24, 2011

Prince: Online, Liberty and Freestyle

January 20 2011

Today Prince and I played in three savvies. He did so well. Our connection has never been better! 
First we started with zone 5 driving with one rein and did walk/trot/canter/halt/back up transitions all at phase 1!! We got a super nice canter-halt-back up transition also. Prince was so light and offered a lot of speed especially in the back up!! 

Up next we did some jumping, Touch it and then we did sideways!! Prince trotted sideways very easily on his right side. It was very light and he picked up on it very quickly. On his left side though he had more of a hard time. This time though I was really happy with how well I stayed emotionally calm and when it didn't go right I was able to help Prince through, reward the slightest try and in the end it paid off because we got a really nice sideways down the fence at the trot and even though Prince broke gait for a couple steps I kept the same rhythm in my body and asked him to pick up the trot again and he did! It was great!!! I was so proud of Prince and even when things weren't going as well I was able to help him and in the end we got it!!

After that I took the halter off and we played at Liberty. At first we did some Stick to me and then Prince was so connected to me that we did some close range circles at the trot!! A first for us. Prince was so connected and he put a whole lot of effort into it!!

He only left once when we were trotting over to the pedestal. He went back down to the corral but when I got down to to the bottom of the hill he came back over to me and we ran back up the hill and took a rest on the pedestal. We did circles in the other direction and while going to the left Prince trotted a 12ft circle while I was completely in neutral and after one complete lap I brought him in. It was so amazing!!

Then I put Prince's halter back on and we went down to the corral where I let him go and then we rode bareback and bridleless for a bit!! We haven't ridden in a while because it has been way to cold so it was nice to ride again. Prince was great. He had a couple misunderstandings in regards to hindquarter disengagements. But once we figured those out everything was great.

Ruffian was hanging around so I decided to play a bit with him while riding Prince. At first he thought everything meant move out of the way. So we had to play with that for a little while and then we got some connection and I was able to ask him up onto one of the pedestals while Prince and I went and stood on the other one! It was fun! We ended by going sideways over to the gate where I dismounted.

Prince still wanted to stay with me though so we hung out for a couple minutes then I ran inside to get warmed up!! It was freezing!

Naturally,
~Keri


No comments:

Post a Comment