Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ruffian: Watching cars...

January 8 2011

Ruffian and I had a really interesting playtime today. We walked up our road and just watched the cars go by. At first we met two thresholds on the way up but once we got past those we didn't come across any others. Ruffian at first wasn't to sure about the vehicles, especially because it was slushy and they were making a lot of noise. So we just stood there and it was good though because the road turns so the vehicles would come towards us and then go away... approach and retreat!!

After about 5 or 6 cars it didn't bother Ruffian as much and after every one went by he look at me and lick and chew. I want to continue getting Ruffian more confident with different things. After that we went to the garage and I want to give Ruffian his supplements. First we played friendly game with the garage door. Then once he wasn't scared of it opening I opened it all the way and we went in. Ruffian isn't really bothered being in there but he had never been around when I opened the door before so it was a new experience for him.

Of all the horses I think Ruffian is the one that is bothered the most by things like this just because he isn't brought out enough to experience them... but that is totally my fault because I am the one who isn't bringing him out enough :) So it is my personal mission/goal to get him more used to and confident with potentially scary things. It should be fun!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment