Monday, January 31, 2011

Twosox: Online and Liberty

January 29 2011

Twosox and I had a great play session today. We did Falling Leaf first and Twosox was full of energy. So we did some of that and then played with circles and changes of directions because Twosox wasn't connected. After that we did Figure eights at the walk. They were really small Figure eights too but they really got Twosox's mind engaged which was what I needed.

Up next was sideways at a trot. I discovered that if I sent Twosox in a half circle over to the fence and then push him sideways it is to much pressure for him. He escapes it and gets worried. But if I ask him to go sideways at a walk and then ask for the trot sideways he does it beautifully and confidently. It is really interesting because that is exactly the opposite of Prince.

Then we did some friendly game with a plastic bag on the end of the carrot stick.

Then we played at Liberty! Twosox left a couple times but he always came back when I ask him too. We did sideways, leading by the chin and ear, backing up by the tail, jumping, Touch it and extreme friendly game in all 5 zones.

It was the first time we have played at Liberty up in the riding ring in a long time so I was pleased with how well it went over all. Then we hung out for a bit before we went back down to the corral.

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment