Monday, January 3, 2011

Prince: Reviewing circles...

December 28 2010

Today my plan was to review our circles. We haven't really focused on our circles for a couple sessions because we have been focusing on Figure eights. So we set out for 30 laps at the trot in each direction. We haven't done this in a long time so I wasn't sure how it was going to go but Prince did really well and going to the right he didn't need any corrections. While going to the left it was two but that was only because both times the rope got caught on a ball of snow (with it being so cold lately the snow is kind of weird and the rope was catching on it) and Prince turned and faced me. But that was okay. At least he was being sensitive!! The whole time Prince had rhythm, relaxation and connection. It was amazing!

I did however get a little bit bored while he was circling to the left. Prince found a good rhythm alright but it was a slooooooooooow trot. That is my LBI for you ;) I timed it and it took 10 minutes for him to trot 30 laps to the left... so I kept myself interested enough by every time Prince circled a complete lap I would try and think of what that number reminded me of. So that helped ;)

Then after a little rest we did Figure eights. Prince was so engaged! He almost cantered a complete figure eight! It was really cool! We ended though when he trotted a couple nice Figure eights and maintained gait through out the whole Figure eight.

Then we took a nice long rest and then went down to the riding ring. It was a shorter session but still really fun!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment