Thursday, October 8, 2009

A calm and confident Twosox

Yesterday Tuesday Oct 6  I played with and rode Twosox. It was SO much fun!!!

After I had haltered him we went over to the tractor tires and we just spent some time together. I was talking to my mom too. It was really nice just to hang out with Twosox and let him really relax. I don't really know how long we spend there because my watch broke :(  That makes two in less than a year!! I really need to just buy a really good quality watch. Oh well for now I am going totally horse time ;) I rather like it. Even though I always seem to be late for lunch..... hehe

I was kind of waiting for Twosox to lick and chew. Finally he did and boy was it a big one!!! His head was really low, a perfect picture of left brain!! Then we went up to the riding ring. Before we started playing up there I took out all of the knots in Twosox mane. He sure gets them in there good!!

I had so much playing with Twosox!! We did circles, transitions, Sideways, Touch it, Figure eights at a walk from 22ft away, jumping, stick to me [walk and trot] plus we started some cutting!! That was fun!! I also picked up Twosox's feet. He did so well!!!! It took him a while before he licked and chewed though.

After we had played for a while I got on bareback and rode. I am re starting the Freestyle Patterns with him because I really want to build his confidence and I wasn't consistent enough when we did them before. So we did Follow the rail. Twosox did really really well. I was so proud of him!! He was very confident and relaxed the whole ride. At the end he started yawning, licking and chewing, his head was really low too. It was a very pleasant sight!!! I couldn't believe how much more comfortable Twosox was also!! The last time I rode him BB it was awful!! This time it was wonderful!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment