Saturday, October 17, 2009

Quick update:

Well day one of the Fawn Anderson clinic went well. Since is was just a level 2 Pattern clinic I didn't learn bucket loads but there were still some small things that I learned and were really interesting.

Here are a few things that I will leave you with:

- The beginning shouldn't look like the end

- Focus, focus, focus!!!! If your horse isn't doing what you want it is probably just doing what you are asking him/her to do in your body!

- Stick with the pattern until you see a noticeable change [for each horse it will be different]

- It is 4-7 days of perfect practice!! If you do 4-7 days of bad practice it will not be any better on the 7th day!

- Simulations are REALLY fun!! The friend that took us and myself helped with the simulations in the morning. For one thing they show your inner personality!! There was two people being the horse and one person was the human. I found that I was like 'Lets just do the Figure eight so we can get it over with so we have have a rest!" I didn't want to be a bad horsey because it was to much work! ;) hehe

It was kind of cool because when I was the human, my horsey [the two people] say that they just wanted to do the Figure eight for me because I was being polite and soft!! The only problem for me was that I didn't want to give any bad feedback to the person being the human :( I was rather RBI when we first got there. I have been to enough Parelli clinics before but it hasn't gotten easier. I never like meeting  the Parelli instructor!! I don't know why..... but after a little while I was more my LBI self. Hopefully tomorrow will be better! :)

Anyways.... we forgot our camera. Hopefully tomorrow I can remember and take some pics!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment