Wednesday, October 14, 2009

An "Oh boy" play time with Twosox

Twosox and I had an "Oh boy" play time this afternoon. I am not sure why but he was right brain and unconfident but to put the interesting twist on it he was half internal and half not. So it was kind of confusing. Maybe it was the wind.... I really don't know but what ever the reason I don't think I did as well as I could have.

Thinks started off okay. We did some Figure eights and some circles [with Transitions and Change of directions] we did close range circles, backing through a gate, and we kind of did a trailer simulation with the pedestal, I asked Twosox to climb up [he offered all four feet which was a big thing for Twosox] then I asked him to back off with me in zone 4/5. He did really well with that. On Friday we are planning on taking Prince to a friends farm to play on Friday and I am trying to decided whether or not to take Twosox. I am not sure. I was planning on it but then after today...... I don't know. We shall see how tomorrow goes, I don't want to push Twosox to far out of his comfort zone.

I had put the 45ft line on Twosox's halter and tied them into two reins. When Twosox felt the rope on his back he froze. So I stopped and waited. He calmed down a little bit but not a whole lot. So I untied the reins and just did some friendly game. Twosox got a little bit more Left brain. So then I switched back to the 22ft line and we went and did some falling leaf, backwards S pattern, figure eights, backing up by the nose, lots of friendly game, Touch it, and anything else that came up. Twosox slowly started relaxing. I wanted to make sure that we ended on a really good note. So after Twosox gave me a nice soft, slow and left brain back up we stopped there. I waited till Twosox licked and chewed then I let him go. It was definitely an interesting play time :)

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment