Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My second ride on Knightly.....

Thursday Oct 8 2009

Well today I offically rode Knightly for the second time! He did very well, took it all in stride and was calm the whole time. We started off my playing in the ground. We did Circles, Figure eights, Touch it, Transitions, Sideways towards me [we just started that], the begining stages of backing up by the tail, then we switched over to the 45ft line. Knightly didn't know what to do with all the extra line. So for the most part we just played on 22ft-25ft. Knightly didn't know what to do with all the extra room!!!

After we were done playing I climbed up on the fence and asked Knightly to come sideways over to me. He did really well. I did some approach and retreat, putting my leg over then taking it off, rubbing him all over etc. He stood there perfectly the whole time!!! After a couple minutes I got on. We just did some pushing passenger lesson, just letting Knightly go where ever he wanted. He did really well. I asked him to go and stop. Both were really light.

After a little while I got off. Even though it was going really well I decided to end on a good note. Knightly is so skinny!!! Big difference from riding Prince ;) I was really proud of Knightly. He is willing to try as long as you don't push him and as long as you go through your phases right.  

-------------------------------

After I had let Knightly go I played with Ruffy. We had so much fun!!!! He has so much energy and play drive!!! We did some really cool change of directions, transitions, jumping, sideways, touch it, and leading by the tail. Then I played with picking up his feet. Ruffy has gotten a lot better with me holding his feet. He is gaining patience!!! :)

When we were done that we just spent some time hanging out together. Then I un-haltered him while I was still sitting on the ground. What a special horse!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment