Thursday, October 15, 2009

Taking the times it takes pays off!!

Taking the time it takes so it takes less time pays off!!! 

Today I had a wonderful play time and ride with Prince. It was so much fun!!! While we were playing Online we did Figure eights, maintaining gait on the circle [at the canter], Sideways towards me and away, leading by the tail, and picking up all four feet. Prince did really well with me holding his feet but when I got my hoof pick out that was when he started trying to pull his foot away. So we played with that. He did REALLY well with me picking up his back feet. That was a nice surprise!!!

Prince is either really fat or he has a digestion problem. So I am going to exercise Prince more plus give him some Apple cider vinegar and Flaxseed. Hopefully that will help. Twosox and Knightly have the same problem but they are still skinny so that is what makes me think that it is probably hay belly. So anyways to hopefully that will help :)

Prince and I had the most wonderful ride. We did Follow the rail, Figure eights and sideways and that was it. But the cool thing that was Prince was TOTALLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I mean he was soft, responsive, and happy. We did about 5 minutes of Follow the rail. Prince did so well. One time I asked him to trot and I picked a spot where I wanted to trot too. I kind of expected him to break gait but he didn't!!! We trotted the whole way and all I did was relax when we got there and Prince stopped!!! We took a little rest there. Then we went and did one Figure eight. Prince was so responsive!!! We only did one because Prince gets really bored and I wanted to make sure that I was focusing. We did it nice and slow... "Slow and right beats fast and wrong"

It took forever for Prince to lick and chew. But I waited for it and finally Prince started licking and chewing, and it was a huge one too!!! It helped that I had my mom to talk with so it didn't seem to long of a wait. Prince and I also played with pivoting on his hindquarters. At first Prince didn't really seem to understand what I was asking but then I realize that I wasn't using a supporting rein as soon as I did that he instantly got it. After that I got off and sat on a barrel while my mom and I finished our conversation, then when it was time to finish I hopped back on Prince rode over to the fence [why walk when you can ride!!!! ;)] We had to turn and face the opposite direction so I just turned my body and focused where I wanted to go and Prince did the exact same thing!! It was SO cool!!! Prince has never been that in tune with me!!!! We rode in a straight line over to the fence and I got off. Prince instantly licked and chewed over that!!! I don't think he was excepting me to get back on but it was really cool because in the spring Prince was not happy if I got off and then got back on again. He knew when the ride was over and that was the way he liked it. So it was really amazing that he let me get back on no problem!!

I had such an amazing time!! Tomorrow we are taking Prince and Knightly out to our friends farm. I decided not to take Twosox because my mom wanted to take Knightly and I had a feeling it might be to much for Twosox. I am really excited!!!! We are leaving around 8:00 so that means getting up early to make sure the horses are ready!!!

~K

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful ride. Isn't it wonderful when everything comes together, even for a brief moment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is wonderful!! It feels perfect!!

    Thanks for you comment!
    ~K

    ReplyDelete