Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I am speachless!!

Monday Oct 5 2009

I am totally speechless right now!! Prince and I had a wonderful play time today. My mom and I had to go out and find the horses. I love going and finding them!! Because that means we can play on the way back!! This time the horses were in the field. Prince and Twosox came up to see me. I love my horses!!!

I don't know why I decided to but I decided to play at Liberty with Prince for a bit. Just to see how it would go. Let me just say IT WAS TOTALLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean we were in a 2 acre field with no fences around us [other then the property fence that keeps the horses in ;)]. Prince and I have NEVER done that before!!! Prince left twice but came back. We did stick to me, sideways away from me and towards me, Touch it, leading by the tail, close range circles and lots more!! One time when Prince left me he want galloping off but then got about 100ft and turned around and looked at me. I backed up a couple steps and he came trotting the whole way right up to me!!!!! It was SO cool!!!

It all seemed like a dream!! I mean Prince could have run off through the bush with the other horses but he stayed with me and was amazing!!! I think that why Prince and I don't have fun or success when we are in a round corral is because Prince doesn't want to be with me and I loose ALL of my imagination... poof.... gone!! But when we play in the field or in the corral where Prince can leave I know he can leave any minute but he doesn't because he wants to be with me!!!! So we both have way more fun because we both want to be with each other!!!!

Then we ran over to my halter and I haltered Prince. Then I sat of the ground and we spend some time doing nothing for a bit. After that we started going home. Prince was so in tune with me!! It was so much fun!!! When we got to the corral I saddled Prince and then we went up to the riding ring.

Prince cantered 4 laps on the circle with only 1 correction!!!! It would have been five but the basketball that was in the riding ring got in the way, the rope got caught on it and Prince stopped and looked at me and asked a question. It was really cool though because when Prince was cantering there was LOTS of slack in the rope. The belly of it was dragging on the ground for most of the time!!! Then we did some transitions. Canter to walk, walk to canter etc Prince was SO in tune with me!!! It was wonderful!!


After we had played for a bit I got on. My mom video taped me. Every month [starting now] she said she can video tape me playing for about 10 minutes in each savvy [Online, Freestyle, Liberty and Finesse] that way I can watch it, see what I need to improve on and also see our progress. Should be interesting!!

We did sideways, Follow the rail, transitions, extreme friendly game, dragging and carrying the bucket, opening the gate [a first for us and Prince did SO well!] Weaving, and Figure 8's. It was a pretty good ride. When I was watching the video I saw a lot of things that I need to improve on. One major thing that was Prince looks really bored. one other thing was that I think I do not stay with the task long enough. What I mean is that I do something like follow the rail but I don't do it until I see a change or something gets better. So that I will have to be aware of the next time I ride. A couple months ago I went through the same thing when we were doing transitions and change of directions Online. So it isn't something new ;)

After I had unsaddled Prince I picked up his feet. I put my gloves on so it was something different. He did really good. He was a little tense with his back legs though. One thing that really helped was that I had to wait until Prince relaxed before I started doing anything with his foot. If there is still tension in his leg and I start picking it out he will just pull his foot away.  It was pouring rain by this time. It rained on and off when I was riding but then it really started pouring. So I let Prince go. He did really well!! I am so proud of him!!

Tomorrow [Lord willing] I am hoping to play with Twosox.... if it doesn't rain ;) Should be fun!!!

~K

 

No comments:

Post a Comment