Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wow 4 horses in 2 days! Not bad!

I think that is the best yet! Yesterday I played with Twosox and Ruffy and today I played with Prince and Knightly!! Not bad if I to say so myself!!

I didn't get to play this morning but this afternoon, right after lunch my mom and I went out to find the horses. I was excited to play with Prince. Ruffy and Twosox were in the field but we could see Prince and Knightly at first. So we called them and they came out from the bush. At first they were just being normal LBI and walking ever so slow so I called Prince again and he started to trot and trotted right up to me with the most wonderful look on his face!!!!! It was such a priceless moment!!! I love Prince to much!! I am so very much blessed to have him!!!

Of course he got some oats for that ;) Normally he will come to me then leave once he has gotten his treat but today He stayed right with me and didn't seem to have any intention of leaving. I put my halter on him then went and got the 22ft line. He came with me. Ruffy came up while I was putting the 22ft line on Prince's halter so I had to send him away but Prince just stayed right with me even though he could have left!!!

We just spent some time hanging out together for a little bit then we went and Prince offered me some totally amazing stuff!!!! We did some half passes from zone 5, spinning, leading my the tail [which was REALLY light] and zone 5 driving. I was breath taken by the spinning and half passes!!! Prince was incredible!!!!

Then I went and sat on a rock and played "don't make me get off this rock". We did some really cool transitions. Prince cantered two laps, then I relaxed and he started walking, we did some change of directions [I stood up for those ;)] then I brought him in. Prince took forever to lick and chew so I just waited then finally he did it.

After that while I was still sitting on the rock I sent Prince over to a smaller rock that was about 22ft away and asked him to put his foot on it. It took a couple minutes for Prince to figure out to keep his foot on it but finally he did. It was really interesting to see the look on his face change. At first he wasn't really trying hard but then he started to get interested and really try. It was neat!!

We then did some stick to me. Prince got SO in tune with me that we could walk, trot, stop and back up and Prince would do exactly what I did. Even later when I would take a step forward to pick up my carrot stick of something Prince would do the same. It was cool!!!

Then I sat on the ground and we took a rest. Then I asked Prince to pick up his back leg. He did it BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!!!!!! He was so soft!!! He let me hold it, pick it out, look at it etc then I put it down put wanted to see something again so I picked back up again, no problem!!! I was not expecting Prince to be that light!!! I am so proud of him!!! I think we are finally back to where we were at the end of August/ beginning of September!!! 

It was really funny because I lied right down on the grass [or what is left of that grass :)], the other horses couldn't care less expect Knightly who was with my mom. They were maybe 50ft away and he couldn't stop looking at me!!! He was so funny!!!

After that we started back to the turn around. Since the path is really narrow and you either have to walk infront of your horse or behind I decided to walk behind Prince. So the whole way to the turn around we did zone 5 driving. Prince did SO well. Even when I stopped to wait for the others to catch up all I had to do was relax and he would stop and stay straight. One time we had to stop in a little clearing and I was about 5ft behind him. He just stood there. Normally he will start to turn around. So it was really cool!!!

Then when we got to the logging road we did some trotting and trotted into the turn around. After that I asked Prince to back between two logs and then go sideways over the one log. Prince did really well but I didn't set it up just right so he missed the log but still went sideways while I kept my feet still.

Then we played around with straddling the log. Prince did really well. We haven't quite got it but he will stop over the log when I relax. So we are going to keep playing with. To get him off of the log I would ask him to come sideways towards me. At first it wasn't truly sideways, his hind quarters were lagging, or his forequarters were running a head [which ever way to want to put it ;)]. But then the last time he did it perfectly!!! It was beautiful!!!

After that since we had already playing in the field we went to the round corral. At first we just did some Porcupine games, stick to me, leading by the tail etc then Prince left. He went right for the gate and tried to go through it. Fortunately I had already taken that into account and tied the 22ft line around the gate also. So Prince couldn't get out that way. Before he has just broken his way out so now he things he can do the same. He came back. I knew he was expecting me to send him on the circle and even though I really wanted to I didn't. I know that our circles are not the best and I really wanted to play with them but I knew that it would mean more to Prince if I didn't. So we did other things like jumping, stick to me, drawing backwards from zone 5, extreme friendly game, drawing to me at the trot, sideways towards me, leading by the tail, and Touch it. Prince did so well!!! He was wonderful!!! Oh and we also did a really cool spin!!! Prince is now adding speed into it!!! Hooray!!!

It was so much fun!!!

After we were finished playing my mom wanted me to play with Knightly. He was being extra dominate. So I did. He was SO cool!!! Yes he was being dominate on the circle but I think it was just because he expects us to do things to him and not for him and with him. So I started with asking him to put his foot on a small stump. He tried so hard!!! That really got his brain engaged and he started asking questions. Then we went and did some Touch it, and different kinds of squeeze games. Then I went to the circles. He would almost charge you while he was circling. He would go out nicely but then spiral in and pin his ears. So I had to catch it when he was still thinking about it. That worked really well. This was just at the walk but once that was going better I moved over a little bit and put in his path a hill. It was small but kind of steep so he had to really watch where he was going. Then I asked him to trot about steps and then come back down to the walk. I didn't want him to wear himself out or anything!! hehe :)

My mom has done a really good job with him. He is light and responds.... even though he has a awful look on his face ;) Pretty soon he realized that I wasn't so bad and he started to get a better look on his face. So then I disengaged him and he turned to me with his ears pinned. So I drove his backwards a couple steps. Then the look on his face totally changed!! He was looking and asking a question. So I brought him in after a little rest. He would come part way in then walk off. I think it was a little bit of unconfidence so I just softly asked him to disengage his hind quarters. Once he was able to walk into me I let him sniff my hand and he kind of had that look on his face like "fine just rub me" but he didn't look like he was going to enjoy it. So I let him sniff my hand and then I went and rubbed him on the shoulder. He didn't expect that! :) Then I just let him be and talked to my mom.

She asked if I could try a traveling circle game. So after I waited for Knightly to lick and chew [it took a while] we were off. He wasn't to bad. Then he saw something over in the bush and started walking off, so I took it and asked him to go sideways for about 10ft. Then we stopped right by some nice grass and vines. He enjoyed them!! I let him eat for a bit then brought him in and let him go.

I was surprised how light Knightly was. It was really cool!!! I had a lot of fun too!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment