Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Prince: It was just one of those days!

June 16 2010

This morning I played with Prince. Everything started out great. The end was more of a "How interesting" and "Oh boy" but I will tell you about that later...

Prince and I started off with sideways towards me and sideways away. I would send him sideways away from me to the end of the 22ft line, without a fence while I stood still and then I would ask Prince to come sideways back over to me. I did have to move closer to him to ask him to come sideways towards me but eventually I won't have to. Prince did well and the last one we did was almost perfect! Prince went sideways straight and came back really nicely too.

Then we went up to the riding ring and we did some Figure eights at the walk, trot and canter! We took it up a notch and I asked Prince to canter through the middle. He did so well! Next time though I will place the markers a little farther apart just so that he has a little bit more room to move but Prince did very well! After that we did leading by the front foot and leading by the hocks. Prince was so light when I asked him to back up by the hocks! It was really neat. We haven't done that in a long time and he was responding at a phase one!!

Now this is where it got interesting. Prince and I then did circles. Of course, I was looking for rhythm, relaxation and connection. Well going to the left Prince took 59 circles before he connected to me and going to the right it was well over 100. It might have just been the day but it took along time. No longer will 30 circles seem like a lot! :) Hopefully tomorrow will be better though since I ended with Prince was connected. Should be interesting. I emailed a couple instructors about it so we shall see what they say. Normally Prince is really connected to me, or if he isn't he will find the connection really quickly. It is all so interesting!

After our circles we ended and I went and trimmed Ruffian and now it is raining! 

Naturally,
~Keri

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of circling! At most I do about 10 either direction! Hmmm..... Something to think about... :)

    ReplyDelete