Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Twosox: Hmmmm... How interesting.

June 7 2010

This play time with Twosox was really good but it had an "How interesting" moment. I caught Twosox and we went into the riding ring. I saddled up and then we went and started playing. I had just tightened up the saddle to the second stage and I asked Twosox to trot a little bit. To my surprise he took off bucking... BIG bucks. Twosox has done that before but not in a while and long time. It is normally something to do with the saddle. I let go of the rope and Twosox ran around bucking for a couple seconds and then came trotting back over to me rather scared. I had taken one shim out when I saddled Prince and so when I went to saddle Twosox up I decided to see if it was okay for him too. Well the saddle must have really bothered him, probably pinched him. When I saddled up again with the shim in Twosox was perfectly fine. No buck what so ever. Interesting eh? This horse is incredible!! 

We continued on playing. We did circles w/t/c, change of directions, sideways, jumping, straddling a barrel and some other things. Then when I was confident that Twosox wasn't going to buck again I climbed on. He was a little bit unconfident but not enough that I felt the need to get off. So we stood still for a while and then mom and I did some follow the leader. Twosox and I were in the lead and mom and Knightly were following. That really helped Twosox relax. First we did one lap around the riding ring and then we did some point to point, indirect and direct rein, 9 step back up, and some sideways. By the end Twosox was really relaxed and that was were we ended. I wanted to end on a really good note. 

I hadn't ridden Twosox in over a week so all things considered he did really well. He teaches me so much!!! When I took the saddle off there were no rub marks or anything so that was good. Hopefully the reason for the bucking is just because of the shimming.

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment