Monday, February 15, 2010

Prince: Bowing, close range circles, and some Liberty.

This morning I wasn't planning on playing with Prince but it was really nice outside (well at least it was not snowing) so I decided to go out and play for a little while. We had a lot of fun! Prince came over to me.

We started with playing around with bowing. I am not sure if I am going to continue though. I have to think about it. I want to make sure that Prince's and my relationship is so good and that we are really ready for it. I know that for Prince it is a huge trust issue, I know that bowing/laying down is a trust issue for any horse but up until a couple months ago Prince was still not totally okay with me being with him while he was lying down so anyways I will just wait and see how things go.

After that we did some short range circles with just my savvy string for a rope. Prince did really well and at the end I had my carrot stick on his neck and used that to directed him instead of the rope. Prince did very well and was really light. Then we did some leading by the tail, making turns and backing up with just a few hairs, and then we played around with spinning. Prince is really getting the hang of it. After that I unhaltered Prince and we then played at Liberty for a bit. We did Touch it, from about 20ft away, Sideways, spins, backing up by the tail, Touch it from zone 5, Stick to me and some other things. It was a lot of fun!

Near the end I sent Prince to the pedestal and asked him to put all four feet on there and then stay while I picked up my equipment. Prince did really well and only moved once but got right back up with I asked and I didn't need to move my feet a lot. Prince has gotten really good about ground tying. He is so clever! :)

When we were finished I took Prince back over to the manger but he didn't want to leave me. He would keep coming back to me. He is so sweet! :)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment