Monday, February 1, 2010

Transitions, Zone 5 driving, and Liberty...

This afternoon I played with Twosox. We had a lot of fun playing the catching game with my mom and Knightly before I haltered him. After I haltered him we played did a little bit of Stick to me and we went up into the riding ring... and boy was it cold! It was rather windy up there... being on a hill I guess that had something to do with it... but we still had fun. We did some Touch it, yo-yo's and then some circles. While on the circle we played around with Change of directions and transitions. At first Twosox wasn't playing attention but then he started getting more and more connected.

After that we did some Figure eights. Those were much better! Not as light as the a last time but all in all not bad. Twosox was SO light when I asked him to back up by the tail. I was only holding onto a couple hairs and he was backing up with effort! We backed about 10ft or more! It was really cool! After that I decided to try some zone 5 driving with two lines. I tied the 22ft line into two reins. It didn't give a whole lot of extra room but it helped Twosox because I was closer and it gave him more confidence. Twosox did really well. We did transitions walk/trot/ back up, Touch it, and a couple other things. It was a lot of fun!

Then we played at Liberty for a while. Twosox did pretty good. We did get some really nice halt-trot-halt transitions! We also did a couple Figure eights and some Touch it (Twosox offered to put all four feet up on the pedestal!) After that we played some Stick to me with my mom. Poor Twosox, he is really good when he stays with me but when he leave he gets totally lost... I would really like a round corral... I am praying about that :)

All in all Twosox did really well. I had something else on my mind that has been bothering me for a while now and today it kind of jumped out at me and well I just can't ignore it anymore. So Twosox didn't get my full attention so it wasn't totally fair to him. But he did well and I was proud of him :)

~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment