Thursday, February 4, 2010

Prince: Drive and Draw, Bridleless riding, itchy spots, and our first brideless steps outside the corral!

So after I had let Twosox go and taken him over to the manger to eat Prince was just standing there looking at me so I invited him over and he came right over to me. I wasn't planning on playing with him let alone riding him.... let alone riding him bridleless.... but I just couldn't resist! Prince has been scratching his neck a lot while I was playing with Twosox and I just happened to stumble across the same spot so I spent a long time scratching Prince. Then my fingers got sore and that was when I realized that I had a halter in my hand... so lets just say that Prince should love seeing that halter now! Prince was REALLY itchy. After a while I decided to climb up on Prince... yes I was being a bad girl today and riding my horse with out playing with them a whole lot. But the I knew that I could always get off and both Twosox and Prince where in really good moods... but again then they always are right? ;)   

I took Prince over to the water trough and lined him up (well he lined himself up) then I got on. Prince didn't have a problem with me getting on. I checked our back-ups and turns with my savvy string. Prince was super super light. We did some sideways, transitions (walk to halt etc), direct rein, and our very first indirect bridleless! It was really cool!

After a little while of riding around I decided to see if we could ride out of the corral a little bit. Prince was amazing!  We didn't ride out to far but Prince did really well and was really responsive. We rode out a ways and then came back in. After that we did a little bit of sideways over a pole. Prince was offering a lot! It was amazing how sensitive he is! After that I got off. It was a great note to end on! It was so much fun! :)

Naturally,
~Keri     

No comments:

Post a Comment