Friday, February 26, 2010

Prince: Change of directions, Stick to me, and exuberance!

February 24 2010

WOW... that is about all I can say right now! This afternoon Prince and I had a lot of fun playing! It was snowing and well really rather miserable out but I went out anyways. Prince was up in the riding ring so I went up so see him. He came over to me when he saw me and I scratched him for a while then haltered him. We just stood there for a while before going and doing anything. I found an itchy spot so I scratched Prince a little bit more. Then we went over to the other side of the riding ring. On our way over Prince was trotting so I then started to canter in my body and guess what!?! Prince started cantering almost immediately! It was so cool!

After that we did some circles. Prince offered to canter plus he kept the slack in the rope, the belly of the rope was pretty much on the ground the whole time! It was really neat! Since Prince was so connected to me I thought we would try some Change of directions. They were perfect I couldn't have asked for better change of directions! One thing I have to study up on are Flying lead changes. I need to figure out how to tell if the horse changes with his hind legs also. And also what it is supposed to look like ;)

Both Prince and I were having a lot of fun. One time Prince was cantered along and he jumped up onto the pedestal! It was really neat! When he looked at me he had the cutest look on his face! I love him so much! After we got those really amazing Change of directions I decided to end there. I let Prince go but he stuck with me. So we played at Liberty. It was fun! It was even more special because the gate was open so he could have left if he had wanted to. We did Stick to me w/t/c, spins, sideways, jumping the barrels and lots more! It was a blast!

We didn't play long because it was snowing harder by that time and I wanted to end on a really good note!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment