Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Twosox: Natural obstacles and zone 5 driving.

Yesterday (February 22 2010) morning I played with Twosox. Twosox came right over to me so I scratched him for a while and then haltered him. I brushed him after that. Prince came over to me while I was with Twosox so I gave him a good scratch too. After that Twosox and I went up to the riding ring but since it was closed off (yesterday the horses got into part of the fence that they weren't supposed to be in to we closed the riding ring gate until we could fix it. So I decided to just play in the hill and trees that are outside the riding ring. It was a lot of fun. We did some Touch it, circles with me standing on the side of the hills and Twosox had to go up and down the hill. At first Twosox was pulling himself along with his front end. But after a couple time of going up and down the rather steep hill he started using his hind quarters a little bit. So that was good.

After that we went down the hill and I asked Twosox to back down a narrow path that the horses have. He was a little unsure at first but after a couple steps he was fine. Then we went around to different places and we did some zone 5 driving with one rein. It was a lot of fun! After I let Twosox go he stayed with me and followed me down into the corral. It was neat!

I spent a little bit of time with Prince after that. He came over to me and wanted to be scratched so I scratched him and then went inside. It was a great morning :)

Naturally,
~Keri

 

No comments:

Post a Comment