Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Twosox: Transitions, zone 5 driving, leading by the tail, and follow the rail.

Yesterday afternoon (February 15 2010)  I played with Twosox. He actually came over to me when I got to the corral! So that was a special surprise :) After I haltered him we went up to the riding ring. On our way up I put my arm over his back. I never really realised just how tall Twosox it ;) One thing I wanted to play with was getting Twosox more confident sticking closer to me when we are playing Stick to me. At the walk he is fine but at the trot he doesn't like being really close. So we played with that. Then we did some Touch it. Twosox offered to put all four feet up on the pedestal! So we stayed there for a while and I did some extreme friendly game, massaged his legs and some other things. Then we went and did some zone 5 driving with one rein. Twosox did really well and even when the rope got caught on one of his legs, instead of running off he just turned and face me and then came over to me! It was neat!

After that I went over to the pedestal and stood on it and sent Twosox out on the circle. My goal was to get him mentally connected them quit. At first he wasn't mentally connected at all. So after lots of transitions and change of directions he started getting more and more connected. Our Change of directions are getting really nice! Twosox even offered the canter after a couple of them! :) Once Twosox was connected we quit. He had a huge lick and chew over that.

Then I got on and we rode around for a while. We did Follow the rail, indirect and direct rein, 9 step back up, point to point and more! Twosox was really relaxed and responded very well. After riding around for a little while I slid off. Twosox had a huge lick and chew and then I let him go. It was a wonderful play session. I wanted to keep it short and sweet and that it exactly what happened :)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment