Friday, February 26, 2010

Twosox: Jumping, Change of directions, and Stick to me.

This afternoon I played with Twosox. We had a lot of fun! We got another foot of snow (not including the foot of snow we got yesterday) plus it was warm out so things were slippery, plus deep. It was interesting. I started out with asking Twosox to back between the barrels but I could tell that he wanted to move his feet so we went to some circles. Twosox did so well. At first he wasn't very mentally connected to me so we did some transitions and change of directions and then he started to get interested. Both our transitions and change of directions are getting even better. Twosox even cantered quite a bit. He looked really handsome cantering in the snow!

After that we did some Stick to me. Twosox is getting a lot better at staying beside me when we are trotting instead of running out beside me. So that is good. Then we went back over to the barrels. I made the gap between the barrels smaller and then sent Twosox to it. All I wanted him to do was walk through the gap... or do something with the barrels. But Twosox walked over to the barrel and jumped it! It was so cool! I was really surprised even though I guess I shouldn't be. But for Twosox to offer that is really amazing! I decided to end there so I let Twosox go but he didn't leave me. He stayed with me while I gathered me equipment and then went with me down the hill. It was a really wonderful play time! Even though the snow was really rather deep ;)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment