Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ruffian: Circles, Leading by the tail, Transitions, and riding!

After I had finished playing with Prince Ruffy came over so I haltered him and this time we made it up to the riding ring. Ruffy had so much energy! We did some traveling circles to start off with. Just so that Ruffy could burn off some energy. Ruffy really wanted to stand on the pedestal so I decided to play with it. I asked Ruffy to canter and then stop and stand on the pedestal. We did this a couple times. The first time Ruffy got it right away. He really does like that pedestal! Our change of directions are getting a lot softer also. Plus our transitions are really smooth! After that we did some leading by the tail, Touch it, sideways, and a couple other things. Ruffy was in a great mood! We also did some Stick to me. 

Since Ruffian was in such a great mood I tied the 22ft line into a hackamore type thing and we went over to the barrel and I got on. Ruffy was really good and stood still while I got on. I checked out lateral flexions out. They were really soft and Ruffy was totally relaxed. Ruffy was more on the "whoa" side then the "go" side... which was good. We did some Follow the rail, direct rein, 9 step back ups. Ruffy did really well and responded at light phases. The first time I asked Ruffy for an indirect rein he wasn't exactly sure what to do but after that he was so light. It was incredible. I couldn't believe how fast Ruffy caught on.

All in all we had a really good ride and at the end Ruffian had a big lick and chew and was really relaxed. Which was good for him because before when I would ride him he would go internal. When I let Ruffian go he just stayed with me and followed me down the hill. He is so sweet :)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment