Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Prince: Having a purpose makes a difference!

December 13 2010

Over the weekend we got a lot of snow so it was a little harder for Prince to pull me in the sled because we only have one lane way (the path for the hay truck) now. But we were still able to play with it and we had a lot of fun.

We started by doing a lot of the same things that we did last day just to make sure that Prince was okay with it all again. He did well. We got some really nice circles at the trot with changes of directions with two lines!!

After I had checked everything out I attached the sled and we played with getting snappier transitions. Also I made sure that I didn't start walking forward until the sled started moving that way Prince would get used to me not moving until a little while after he started. That worked well and Prince really got the hang of it and responded really well.

Then it was time for us to try it! I sat in the sled and asked Prince to walk forward. We went from one end of the yard to the other and Prince did so well!! I had a little bit of trouble with the ropes but Prince was amazing. We got the second try on camera, it wasn't as good as the first one but here it is...


Already I have noticed a huge change in our zone 5 driving. We have a purpose and it is a whole lot of fun! Prince is getting lighter, more interested and we are progressing!

Until next time,

Naturally,
~Keri

5 comments:

  1. What a fun video!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Keri, I thought you would enjoy this video on ParelliTube. Check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB_B6IBCEwo

    Petra Christensen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that! The next time I saddle Prince I want to try doing it that way!

    Naturally,
    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete