Friday, December 3, 2010

Twosox: Having fun with little things...

November 29 2010

Twosox and I played up in the riding ring today. He came over to me after I had let Ruffian go. Mom and I did different small tasks with our horses seeing as over half of the riding ring was ice. So we stayed on the part that wasn't. It was a lot of fun because we had to use our imaginations to figure out what we could do.

The one thing that I wanted to do with Twosox was see if he could jump the two barrels with one in front of each other (doubled up). The first time I didn't quite set it up properly but the next time he jumped it no problem and turned, faced and waited, all with slack in the rope (a 12ft line!).

Next we each got our horses to straddle a pole lengthwise, one front foot and one back foot on either side. Twosox did that really quickly and so we then did friendly game while I was standing in zone 5. We did extreme friendly game and also friendly game in zone 1. Twosox did really well with that and stood nice and still, while remaining relaxed.

Then we played with tapping their feet to lift them up. Twosox had a little bit of trouble at first but once he remembered what to do all I had to go was very lightly tap his foot once or twice and he would lift it up and rest his toe on the ground. It went really quickly because he did so well! So we ended and I went and got Prince.

Even though we didn't get to do anything like circles that was okay. Hopefully once the snow gets here and there isn't ice under it, we can do more bigger things, but until then we are having fun with the little things!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment