Saturday, December 4, 2010

Prince: Never stop progressing!

November 29 2010

Prince and I had a shorter session today. Mom and I continued to do little tasks and challenges. Prince came over to me when I got down to the corral. He stuck with me while I rubbed him all over and then haltered him. We headed up to the riding ring after that. Mom and I played with porcupine games in all different zones. Prince and I played with backing up faster by the nose, hindquarter yields with lightness, speed and distance.

Prince has come a long way in a couple months and has gotten so much lighter! But as Mr. Pyne says... "Be always pleased but never satisfied" I am very pleased with how far we have come, but do I want to stay here, NO!! It would be very easy to just stay where we are, being happy and content. But the problem with staying where you are is that you never do. You are either progressing or digressing. It will either be getting better or getting worse.

We then jumped over the barrels that were still there. Prince walked up to them the first time and actually, to my surprise made it over the barrels! I gave him a rest and then asked him to jump them again from the trot which was what I wanted the first time. He did that with out and any problems.

Then we set up the barrels so that there was two standing up and one lying down between them. It was in the middle of the area where we were playing and the goal was to have the horses jump towards us and then back to the barrel. Prince and I were up first. Prince jumped it but he offered to back right through the barrel. So we let mom and Knightly go next and then we tried it again. Prince cleared the jump this time. Not that he couldn't have jumped it before, but he wasn't putting a whole lot of effort into it the first time. This time he did it beautifully, and he didn't back through the barrels.

I ordered a cradle bridle on Friday. I am really excited! I had it shipped through USPS though instead of Fed-Ex because we get charged extra when they deliver it. So it will take longer to get here but that is okay. I am really excited to play with it over the winter and really start playing with Finesse!!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment