Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Twosox: Don't be afraid but do what I say...

December 27 2010

Today I played with Twosox first. We started out just hanging out at Liberty and played some friendly game. I wanted to wait until he had relaxed before I haltered him. Before I put the halter on though we played around with leading by the legs. We have done it before but not at Liberty. Twosox did very well though and was so light! We also did backing up by the hocks which went extremely well and Twosox caught on so quickly! 
After I haltered him we played with some driving games. Twosox wasn't paying any attention to my phase 1 so we played with that for a while, looooooooooooong phase one, quick two, three, four. He got worried about that though so I had to balance that with friendly game. We kept doing that until Twosox was moving at a phase one. We did this on the forequarters and hindquarters. 

Up next was short range circles at the walk. Twosox was sure at first what I wanted but when he figured it out he did really well. Then we went to circles at the trot at about 12ft away. Twosox did well going to the right he trotted four laps no problem but going to the left he would break gait after two laps. Then he would turn and face me and then when I went to ask him to keep going he would back up, tossing his head, pulling etc etc. Once he yielded to the pressure I sent him on and he did the four laps with out breaking gait. 
We stayed there for a bit and I let Twosox lick and chew over that and then I un-haltered him. Before we do Figure eights again I want to get these circles fixed again. On the 22ft line I think that Twosox can stay counter bent on the circle and still maintain gait but on the 12ft line it isn't as easy. So I know what we shall be playing with!! :)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment