Saturday, December 18, 2010

Prince: Riding in the snow!

December 16 2010

Today Prince and I played on the front yard and then rode. We saddled up and then we did some Circles, Changes of directions and Stick to me. The snow was slippery so we had to be careful but we were able to play strong and have fun. Then we went and got my cradle bridle on. Prince wasn't as accepting of it as he was yesterday but he still did fairly well. 

We rode on the front yard and just did some really small simple things. I left my halter and one rein on so that in case of an emergency I could use that instead of the bridle. We did some lateral flexions, indirect and direct rein, sideways and a little bit of point to point. Not a whole lot but we still had a good time.

For the next little while when I ride Prince I am going to let him wear the cradle bridle but not use it. I don't want to rush things and then Prince not like it because I took it to fast. Slow and right beats fast and wrong!!



Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment