Sunday, September 19, 2010

Prince: Bareback and bridleless...

Sept 17 2010

It rained really hard last night so the riding ring was really to wet and muddy to do a whole lot of fast pace stuff. So Prince and I played with lightness on the circle, while doing changes of directions, transitions and also Figure eights. Prince did well and we got some nice stuff happening. I asked Prince to canter a little bit when we were on the other side of the riding ring where it wasn't to mucky. He is having a really hard time picking up the correct leads so we are going to have to play with that one.


Prince was pretty sweaty after we had finished playing so I let him cool off.... in the meantime I decided to try something totally different and see if I could mount him from the ground. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be but it was still hard. I am going to have to practice a lot. Prince was such a trooper and stood and nice the whole time, even when I accidentally kicked him in the side...  oops. I was able to do it a couple times on left side but I was having a hard time getting all the way up. So I switched over to the right side and it was a lot easier. I still have to work the the fluidity part of mounting from the ground but at least I am getting up!! :)

Then Prince and I rode brideless. I didn't feel like putting the hackamore on. I grabbed two carrot sticks and we were off. Prince was so light and we did Follow the rail at the walk and trot and at the walk Prince would turn in a full circle with just my body and leg!! I didn't need to use my carrot stick!! It was so cool! We did both half turns and full turns which were pretty cool! Prince's trot was so nice, he definitely gave me a sitting trot trot ;) It was so comfy!!


Then we did some sideways, backing up with two carrot stick, backing up with just my body (no sticks, rein, or legs) indirect rein and some other things. I was so proud of Prince! He was amazing!


We didn't canter because it was so wet but that was okay because we were able to play with some other things. And I want to get Prince picking up the correct leads Online before we canter again Freestyle... it will give me incentive to get them fixed Online ;)


Prince and I finished with a nice nap in the sun and then we went down to the corral. It was so nice try some new things and advance the other things!! I am definitely going to ride bareback more often!! I miss it!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment