Friday, September 3, 2010

Prince: Lots of things!!

August 30 2010

Prince and I had a wonderful time together today. It was so much fun! We didn't play long Online because we also played at Liberty but here is some of what we did...

Circles. Prince cantered 6 circles to the right with RHYTHM, RELAXATION AND CONNECTION and 7 to the left!!! I couldn't believe it!! It was amazing. Prince was so determined and he knew exactly what his responsibility was! Figure eights at the trot was next. I was in neutral the whole time and Prince trotted around so nicely. The belly of the rope was on the ground almost the whole time too!!

Liberty was next. Prince totally amazed me with our Liberty session. I couldn't believe how connected he was to me! We did circles which where the biggest thing. Prince walked one 12ft circle. I wasn't sure if he would leave once he came around my shoulder because he could have, we were in the middle of the one end of the riding ring so he very easily could have left but he came around and once he was in front of me I brought him in. I was shocked to say the least!!


We also did some sideways and stick to me. Then we went over to the pedestal and I stood on it and sent Prince over to a single barrel that was in between the fence and the planted tire, it was about 25ft away from where I was. The first time he jumped it but didn't put a whole lot of effort into it so I asked him to jump it again and he trotted up to it, jumped it and then I asked him to disengage, wait and then come to me. All while I was standing on the pedestal. It was so cool!

Then we rode. We did Follow the rail, transitions, Figure eights, Sideways, Point to point and lots more. Prince did well for the most part. We had a little bit of trouble still at going into the canter but it will come. After I thought about it some I think I figured out where I went wrong. My phases were to quick and so that was rushing Prince into the canter instead of letting him think his way into it. So that is one thing that I will try next time for sure. It was kind of a BFO in a way. I should have known it but sometimes you forget the most important things :)

Prince did much better today about not being so impulsive after we came out of the canter. So that was really nice. He was able to trot nice and relaxed with out speeding up a whole lot, when he did I would just turn him in a circle and keep going and that really helped.

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment