Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ruffian: It must have been interesting!

Sept 6 2010

Wow! What a day! I played with all three horses and rode Twosox and Prince. I started out with playing with Ruffian though. We had a lot of fun and he only tried leaving once while we were doing sideways but he didn't get away. One thing that Ms. Anderson talked about at the clinic when one of the participants horses tried the exact same thing as Ruffian does. She said that instead of just trying to hang on and all bump the rope and for some reason it works! I tried that and Ruffian stopped and turn around and faced me. It was pretty neat. 

We did quite a bit. One new thing that we did was Backwards "S". Some thing that was done at the clinic and I was thinking about even before the clinic. It is such an amazing task! It helps with getting the horses ribs over, "shaping" the horse, getting the porcupine lighter, and also it helps with indirect rein. Amazing!! 

Ruffian caught on really quickly and pretty soon it was following the feel but not lagging. It did take a while though but once he got it he was so much lighter!! Then we did circles, Figure eights, sideways and jumping. Ruffian did really, really well. It was only on the sideways that he tried getting away but like I said earlier I just bumped the rope a couple times and he turned and faced me. 

Then we played at Liberty a little bit. We did some Stick to me, sideways and Touch it. Then I played with and rode Twosox!! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment