Sunday, September 12, 2010

Twosox: Bridleless!!

Sept 9 2010

After I played with Prince I played with and rode Twosox. He did so well. It was really amazing. We saddled up in the corral and then went up to the riding ring. We did traveling circles at the trot with the belly of the rope in the ground, changes of directions, the backward "S" pattern, falling leaf, sideways, and jumping. 

Then we did a little bit at Liberty. Not a whole lot. Just some friendly game with the ball. I walked around in zone 1-4 while bouncing it. I almost got into zone 5 but then Twosox got a little tense so I just waited until he relaxed and then stopped. 

Since Twosox was ready to ride I climbed up and just had my savvy string around his neck along with my carrot stick. We rode around like that the whole ride and it was so much fun! We did Follow the rail at the walk and trot, sideways, indirect rein, we pushed the ball all the way around the riding ring once. Twosox loved that! And we also did some other things. It was really fun and Twosox did so well. The whole time he was confident and it was really amazing.

After we had finished I let Twosox go but he stayed with me so we hung out and then I had to send him out because was planning on going down but then my mom needed some help with Knightly and Twosox was just standing there at the gate and so I opened the gate and he came right back in and stayed with me the whole time I was helping mom. So we spent about 30-45 minutes of undemanding time. It was really neat.

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment