Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Prince: The joys of learning new things!

Sept 13 2010

Well, Prince and I had a really great playtime and ride today but we also had some how interesting moments. We did circles, the Backward "S" pattern, Figure eights, jumping, sideways etc Online. Prince cantered some really nice circles. I was really pleased with them. 
Prince and I had another "first" together today. We cantered bridleless!!! I rode Prince bridleless for the first little while. He did so well!!! He was so light and responsive!! We did the Bowtie pattern, Follow the rail, Sideways, hindquarter pivots, indirect rein and some other stuff. We did some trot-canter transitions along with point to point at the canter.
 
Then I put my hackamore on and we did some Bowties and played with some things that I didn't want to do bridleless. Prince put a lot of effort into everything!! Then we played around with getting the left lead. Prince has the hardest time getting the left lead. It is hard and kind of complicated but I am fortunate that at least I can feel when Prince is on the wrong lead. 
We have our work cut out for us but I know that Prince and I will get through it and we will learn lots from it. 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment