Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ruffian: Changing things up a little...

Sept 10 2010

This morning I decided to do something a little bit differently with Ruffian and let him graze on the front yard while I sat on him. Before we did that though we played up in the riding ring just making sure that he was ready to ride out. He did well and we did circles, The backward "S"  pattern, jumping, sideways and some other things. The only time Ruffian tried to get away was when we were leaving the corral but he didn't succeed. Other than that he was really good. 

He did well on the front yard. I mostly just went along for the ride but every now and then I would ask him to do something like move to a different patch of grass or something like that. The only bad thing that happened was Ruffian was walking over towards the apple tree and I didn't really want him going over there so I was asking him to turn but he didn't want to and he went right under the apple tree, and under a low hanging branch and I came off. I landed on my left knee and now have a nice blackish/purple bruise... and it hurts but other than that I am fine. I know now what I should have done but of course it is to late. I was able to get back on though and we continued to have a nice ride. Although I will say that I was a little bit more particular about what I asked. 

I did get off one other time because Ruffian didn't want to back up when I asked and so I got to fix that. Then I got back on again and it was much better. We ended on a good note and everything is fine.

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment