Thursday, October 28, 2010

After the lesson...

After you learn something, are told new information, or discover something, you are left with a choice... How are you going to apply it to your life, horsemanship journey, etc? Are you going to acknowledge that it is probably helpful and would work but you never try it? Are you going to totally ignore it or are you going to try it and take the time and give it a chance to work, no matter how hard or difficult it may be or seem? 

After the lesson on Saturday I was faced with that choice. Was I going to apply what I learned, give it my all, be willing to make mistakes along the way and trust that Mr. Pyne knows what he is talking about? Or was I going to leave it all behind and just continue on doing what I am doing and never try? 

I decided to give it my all. No matter how messy it got, no matter how many mistakes I make, no matter what people think or say I am going to try. For the sake of my horses and our relationship I will do it.

People may think what they will but I am going to trust the process and put into action what I learned. Being progressive isn't always nice and easy, mistakes will be made a long the way but if I learn from those mistakes, pick myself back up again and try again then I will learn a lot more from that then staying in my comfort zone, where I know we can have mediocre results. I want to achieve excellence! It will take my whole lifetime but that is where I am heading and you don't gain excellence with horses by staying in your comfort zone. 

So expect a lot, except a little and reward often! 

Naturally,
~Keri

3 comments:

  1. Keri, thank you for sharing! Learning means leaving our comfort zone behind... If we are always comfortable, we don't learn. It takes courage and sweat equity to grow and progress. Good for you for taking the path of further growth!!! Your horses will thank you for it...

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you both for your comments.

    Naturally,
    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete