Sunday, October 10, 2010

Twosox: Online, Liberty and Freestyle!

Oct 8 2010

Twosox and I had a good but interesting playtime today. The main thing we played with was transitions and relaxation on the circle. There was a barrel a couple feet from the fence and I would ask Twosox to trot a circle and then stop between the fence and the barrel. Twosox started out being dominate but then he lost confidence and so we played with that. 

Sometimes it hits me just how complex Twosox really is! He can be confident one minute and then loose confidence just like that. Then sometime he will look like he is being confident/dominate but really he is scared. Wow. He tests my savvy big time! :) 

After we had those going better we did Stick to me. Twosox was really in tune with me. Then we headed over to the pedestal and we hung out there for a bit. Then we played at Liberty, with the gate open too! Twosox was so amazing. We did Figure eights at the walk, walk/trot stick to me which we played with stopping exactly when I stopped and some other things. Then we headed over to a barrel and I climbed up bareback and bridleless. Since the gate was open I didn't ride long. We sat there for a bit and then headed over to the pedestal then I jumped down. 

Twosox was really relaxed and confident. So that was where we ended. I have a lot to think about in the way of progressing with Twosox, keeping it interesting, staying emotionally fit, and some other things!! 

Naturally,
~Keri


No comments:

Post a Comment