Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Prince: The importance of playing strong...

Oct 16 2010
Prince and I had a good lesson about how prior and proper preparation prevents p-poor performance... or rather what happens when you don't prepare properly. 


After I had finished playing with Twosox,  Prince and I played. We had a great playtime but I didn't play strong enough for what I wanted to do while riding. I was on a bit of a time limit (my first mistake) and since I wanted to ride and play we had a shorter Online session, which went really well actually but it wasn't enough for what I was going to ask Prince to do Freestyle.

We started off with some Touch it. Prince would rather step on something than touch it so we played around with just touching it. It was fun, especially when we found some really small things. One time we went over to a barrel and I asked Prince to touch it, which he did. Then I asked him to jump it from a stand still and he did! I was really surprised! That was the first time Prince has jumped a single barrel, from a stand still and cleared it. It was really cool! We did some circles. Prince cantered on the correct leads right off from the start so we didn't do that long. Then we did some Figure eights and Prince was really connected.

Then I mounted up. I was hoping to have more success with our cantering than we did. Prince had a hard time picking up both leads and so we had to play with that quite a bit. I just couldn't figure out what was wrong. He seemed to be totally uncoordinated! I would like to say that we ended on a good not but that would be a lie. I decided to just end and go have a good cry before heading off to work ;)

The shimming pattern that I tried wasn't the right so next time I will have to try a different one again. Hopefully I can figure that out and maybe it will help with our riding.

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment