Monday, October 11, 2010

Prince: Keeping it simple, but still advancing.

Oct 8 2010

I wasn't planning on doing much with Prince today. Just spending some undemanding time with him while I helped my mom and watched her ride. But of course I couldn't resist doing something with him so we played at Liberty a bit. We did Stick to me which was really cool because while we were going to the left Prince picked up the left lead really easily and was able to maintain it for a good distance. We also did some other small things and then I jumped up bareback an bridleless with just my savvy string around Prince's neck.

We did some sideways, walk-halt-back up transitions just using my body. Then we headed over to the pedestal and I asked Prince to put his front feet on it and then I asked for him to move his hindquarters over. Prince got so light that all I had to do was shift my weight and focus and Prince moved his hindquarters over. It was really amazing. I didn't even need to use my leg! 

Then after we finished riding we spent some undemanding time and just hung out together for the next while. It was really nice! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment