Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ruffian: Playfulness starting to return!

October 11 2010

This morning my mom and I went out to find the horses. They were way at the back of our property peacefully grazing in a small clearing. We sat there for a while discussing life problems and trying to solve the biggest and more overwhelming problems of the world (just joking. We didn't actually do that but we did have a good conversation! I love you mom!) 
I played with Ruffian first. We had a lot of fun. Ruffian was actually exuberant today! It was a pleasure to see that in him once again. We did circles, change of directions, backing up and down hills, Falling Leaf, backing into things (so that zone 5 was touching it) and some stick to me. It was so much fun! Ruffian was playful but obedient, willing to go but also willing to stop. Not once did he try to leave which was really cool. 

When I took the halter off Ruffian stayed with me so we played at Liberty. We did Stick to me at the walk/trot/ and back up. One time we ran really fast together and then stopped suddenly and Ruffian stayed with me the whole time. We also did Figure eights around two trees. I was really surprised because that was one of the first times I have asked Ruffian to do a Figure eight at Liberty! 

It was really special! Ruffian was asking lots of questions and we both had a lot of fun while learning and doing new things! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment