Saturday, October 23, 2010

Twosox: Confidence while jumping!

Oct 22 2010

This morning I played with Twosox. He did well and I could see how some things have progressed nicely since our last couple sessions. 
We had to play a bit with our hindquarter yields. Twosox seemed to be having a hard time with it. But after a bit we got that figured out and then we played with our send on the circle. Twosox would go but it was kind of sluggish. So I went up my phases but then he got worried and wouldn't go forward so we kept up with it until he was able to do what I said but not be afraid. Once we got that going well then we just did a couple circles in each direction. Twosox was really connected with was nice to see. He was relaxed and looking where he was going also. 

Then we went over to the barrels, which were away from the fence. I decided to try asking Twosox to circle around and jump them each time. I knew this might be a little bit challenging for him but I was confident that it wouldn't be to hard. Twosox actually did better than I expected and even though he tried going around the barrels a couple times once he figured out what I wanted he jumped the barrels each time, and confidently. He wasn't worried as he came up to he, he maintained direction and gait and he looked where he was going and calmly jumped over the barrels. It was really amazing! Such a change from a couple sessions ago when he wasn't confident at all!! 

We then ended on the pedestal and just hanging out for a bit. It was a good session and it is nice to see Twosox progressing. Something that I wasn't sure if we were doing or not :)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment