Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ruffian: Confidence!

Oct 18 2010
Ruffian was so confident today when we played! It was so nice. One of the many things that I have learned over the past couple months is to never take your horses confidence for granted, or your confidence for that matter! It is so easy to loose and takes time and effort to get back!

We started out with taking a nap together. Ruffian decided to lay down in the riding ring, in a nice warm, sunny spot I might add, and he made it look so comfortable and warm that I joined him. Then once he got up we played. We did Figure eights at a trot, he was so relaxed! 

Then we did the Weave. Ruffian was still not sure he wanted to wake up so we played with it but even though he was sleepy it wasn't an excuse to be non-responsive. So when we ended he was responded really well and in tune with me. We also played with the ball a bit. I think Ruffian is starting to like it ;) 

It was just so nice to see Ruffian confident again and having fun! We have had an interesting couple of months!

Naturally,
~Keri

2 comments:

  1. I agree Keri, never take confidence for granted. I lost mine a few years back and after regaining it, I am very protective of it. We really need to do the same with our horses. Thank you for pointing this out!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! I lost my confidence last year when I pushed myself to far and I wasn't ready. It isn't a nice thing to go through. That is why I try so hard to protect both my confidence and my horses. Even though sometimes I don't do it very well :)

    Naturally,
    ~Keri

    ReplyDelete