Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Prince: Playing on the 45ft line

Oct 11 2010

Prince and I had a really good session also. We played in the clearing for a bit but also in the field. We played with getting rhythm and relaxation on the circle at the canter. To the right Prince picked it up really quickly and he cantered a whole lap with all three, rhythm, relaxation and connection. To the left it was harder though but I expected a lot, excepted a little and rewarded often and pretty soon what started with two strides of canter with rhythm, relaxation and a little bit of connection ended with 1/4 of a lap. It was really amazing to see Prince trying and succeeding! 
Another thing that I focused on was our send. I wanted it snappy and happy! It got pretty good and the proof is in the allow, how well does Prince maintain the canter (or what ever gait I sent him at). It was really interesting! 

I am making a pattern of playing in the field on the 45ft line. It seems to be working really well because I can see that it is paying off! Prince is catching on really quickly and we are both having fun! 

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment