Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ruffian: Connection and Relaxation!

Sept 30 2010

Ruffian was so relaxed and connected to me this morning when we played it was so amazing. 

We started off with going backwards up the hill in a zig-zag pattern. Ruffian did really well and it was a fun way to go up the hill. Then we played at the gate for a while. I sat on a rock and asked Ruffian to go into the riding ring. He had some trouble going over the little rock wall that we have there to keep the dirt from washing away so we had to play with that for a bit. But eventually Ruffian started understanding what I wanted and once he could do three squeezes nicely we stopped and went into the riding ring to continue playing. 

Then we did the Weave at a walk and then that went so well that I decided to ask him up into the trot. Ruffian stayed totally connected to me the whole time and he was so in tune with me that everything was at a phase 1!! It was really amazing. 

We also did Figure eights. I wanted to see if Ruffian would try getting away. He hadn't tried it in a while but I knew that Figure eights were one thing that he used to try leaving on. So we did them next. Ruffian did try to leave once but I caught it in time and he didn't get away. We continued on with the Figure eight and Ruffian did really well after that. When he trotted a complete Figure eight and was light, with rhythm, and relaxation I brought him in. He had a big lick and chew after that too!!

Then we played with the ball. Ruffian was a little bit more playful today than he was last time so that was good. He was so funny because he rolled it right through a big puddle and then he was pawing, kicking and pushing it around. Then he got sidetracked with the mud and he started playing in that. He ended up with mud all over his face, his nose was totally covered in mud. It was so fun to watch. Then we played with the ball a little bit more.
 
I then played with Twosox. Ruffian stayed up in the riding ring the whole time I played with Twosox. He took a nice nap until the tree :)

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment