Saturday, August 14, 2010

Prince: Guess what Prince offered?

August 13 2010

This morning I had an amazing play time with Prince. I didn't ride because I was really tired. My whole family and I went to Ottawa yesterday to see a whole bunch of army bands play on Parliament Hill. We also went to a couple museums and toured Parliament. It was a lot of fun but we got home after midnight. So we were all tired. 

At first I just sat in the manger and hung out with the horses for a while and then Prince and I went over to the other side of the corral and I brushed Prince, scratched some itchy spots etc then I haltered him but instead of going up to the riding ring after that or going and doing something we went over to the gate and I climbed over and got Prince some of the vines and stuff that he really likes. He was pretty happy about that ;) 

Then we went up to the riding ring. We did zone 5 driving with two lines all the way up and then we did some transitions, sideways, and jumping the barrels all from zone 5. Prince did pretty good but I felt that he wasn't completely connected to me and so we stopped and we did some Falling Leaf, jumping a single barrel (and straddling it, Prince offered that) and then circles. The circles were the best part!!! 

Prince was totally amazing going to the left. He cantered two laps about 12 feet away from me and was totally connected. I brought him in and gave him a long rest and then I sent him back out to the right. He seemed to have a harder time cantering to the right for some reason. He would canter fine but he couldn't keep the slack in the line. So we played with that and after a little bit I decided to do a little bit of Falling leaf and then come back to it. Once again the Falling Leaf pattern worked wonders for our circles and when we went back to circles Prince cantered two laps to the right and kept the slack on the ground. 

After that we took a long rest and then I un-haltered Prince. He did so well. I am really proud of how far he has come with our circles! It is amazing!!

Naturally,
~Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment